Work Health and Safety Audits, Inspections, Reviews and Education
Audits, inspections and reviews enable officers to meet their due diligence requirements under the new Work Health and Safety Act (2012). The Work Health and Safety Act and Regulations impose specific obligations on business to ensure that businesses:
- Provide a safe place of work,
- Provide safe systems of work, and
- Consult with workers about safety.
The capacity to carry out these critical duties requires business to undertake audits, education, inspections and management reviews which provide your organisation with the opportunity to improve the Work Health and Safety Management System through the identification of conforming and non conforming elements.
The Work Health and Safety Management System (WHSMS) is an integrated component of the whole “Management System”. It includes planning work activities, responsibilities, work practices, procedures, processes for developing, implementing, reviewing and maintaining the work health and safety policy and managing work health and safety risks associated with the business of the organisation.
ADM can assist you in implementing an effective and integrated safety environment for your organisation no matter what size you business is.
Benefits of a Work Health and Safety Management System (Program)
The purpose is to systematically eliminate the possibility of accident, illness, injury or fatality in the workplace by ensuring that hazards in the workplace are eliminated or controlled in a systematic manner. The work health and safety management system can achieve the following:
- Provide a safe and healthy workplace and the prevention/ reduction of illness and injury equally for workers and contractors;
- Identification of workplace hazards, assessment and control of all risk;
- Active involvement in health and safety matters by managers, supervisors and workers;
- Provide information and training for workers at all levels so they can work safely; and
- Audit and review the work health and safety management system.
The work health and safety management system can benefit your organisation by:
- Creating a safer work environment;
- Reducing injuries and injury-related costs by preempting injuries, save money on medical expenses, the injured workers wages, insurance claim excesses, replacement labour and increased workers’ compensation insurance premiums;
- Minimised work stoppages due to safety disputes;
- Improving business opportunities – clients favour services from companies with a work health and safety management system in place;
- Providing measurable systems that can verify work health and safety performance;
- Demonstrating your organisation is meeting legal requirements;
- Improved work methods and worker morale thus leading to improved productivity;
- A continuous improvement process; and
- Enhancing your organisations reputation.
ADM can assist you in implementing a complete effective and integrated safety environment for your organisation, or assist you with the parts you need a little help with. No job is too big; no job is too small: enquire today and you might just be surprised how we can help you achieve your goals.
Security Assessments, Education and Programs
We work with our clients to assist them to fully understand their risks, establish priorities to mitigate those risks, and formulate strategies to implement our recommendations in an effective and financially viable manner.
To fulfill this process, we provide support via the following functions:
- Security Assessments/Reviews;
- Security Risk Assessments;
- Security Education;
- Security Management;
- Security Project Management; and
- Advance Security Planning
“It is much more efficient and cost effective to be proactive when it comes to security”
Accountability of stock, staff and procedures are the key to creating a successful business. ADM can create, and if required oversee an Accountability Management Program (AMP) to monitor and respond to any areas of concern that are identified. This program is specifically tailored to your business and can encompass all areas of the workplace.
ADM will consult and develop procedures to ensure a more accountable workplace through response to Incidents and regular reviews. This gives complete peace of mind for owners allowing for primary focus on the core business.
No job is too big; no job is too small: enquire today and you might just be surprised how we can help you achieve your goals.